MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Welcome to TNS!
Texas Neighborhood Services is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that works to strengthen, promote, and represent children and families in a nine county region of North Central Texas. TNS has been designated by Governor of the State of Texas to serve as a Community Action Agencies assuring that the issues of poverty are effectively presented and addressed.
Since our inception in 1965 as part of Lyndon Baines Johnson’s Economic Opportunity Act, TNS have helped low-income Americans escape poverty and achieve economic self-sufficiency. Through programs such as Head Start, job training, housing, energy assistance, and financial education, TNS tailors services to meet the needs of the individuals and communities we serve.
We assist the low-income residents in Erath, Hood, Jack, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Navarro, Somervell, and Wise to become less dependent on federal and state assistance and eventually free of all assistance. TNS aids this by providing a range of services and activities designed to improve the quality of life for children, individuals, and families who suffer due to the causes and conditions of poverty, providing hope while they gain permanent employment at or above a living wage.
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT:
• TNS is the catalyst for community coordination to bring about changes in our communities thereby improving the lives of the families we serve. Many of the clients that we serve with are also introduced to other agency services where the need is present.
• TNS’s Community Services Department provides services with funding from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, local United Way Organizations, TXU, United Coop, and other community partners.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START:
• What is TNS - Head Start/Early Head Start program? TNS - Head Start/Early Head Start program provides comprehensive child development services to low-income children and families. Promoting school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social, and emotional and other services to enrolled children and their families.
• TNS credential teachers, delivers individualize programs of child development and health services to meet each child’s unique characteristics, strengths in the following domains: language and literacy, cognition and general knowledge, approaches toward learning, physical well-being and motor development, and social and emotional development needs, as determined in consultation with the family.
• TNS - Head Start/Early Head Start program is not just early childhood education, it is also, family services and health screenings too! This sets our program a part from other early childhood education.
• TNS - Head Start/Early Head Start goal is to close the achievement gap, and to build a better future for children, families, and communities that we serve.
I hope you’ve enjoy this website and if you have any questions, we’re all here to help.
Bradley S. Manning