Texas Neighborhood Services (TNS) -- Community Services assist economically disadvantaged individuals, families (regardless of size), and the elderly to overcome barriers, making positive life changes in order to become self-sufficient. This is accomplished through a variety of methods:
- Utility assistance programs – State and/or Donated
- Case Management to assist in finding appropriate employment
- Information and referrals to other agencies for services we do not provide
Through TNS -- Community Services' ways of work, clients learn to become financially independent, reducing and eliminating their reliance on social services.
For more information:
Please see Neighborhood Centers listed in Locations and Schedules for the location that serves your county.
Community Service - Weatherford serves Palo Pinto, Parker, and Wise Counties.
Community Service - Cleburne serves Erath, Hood, Johnson, and Somervell Counties.
If you live in a county outside of our service area, click here for a list of agencies that provide utility assistance within Texas.
To see if you are eligible for services you may either:
- Mail your completed Community Service Application and all required documents to the appropriate Neighborhood Center for your county. Your mailed application will be reviewed and returned if incomplete or all documents are not attached.; or
- Make an appointment with a Community Advocate to come in and have your Community Service Application or TBRA Application reviewed and possibly worked to determine the amount of assistance for which you may qualify; or
- Fax your completed Community Services Application with copies of all of your required documents to the appropriate Neighborhood Center for your county. Your faxed application will be reviewed and returned if incomplete or all documents are not attached.
Note: Your application must be complete and have ALL required documents that are listed on the first page of the application attached to your completed application. If your application is incomplete, it will be returned to you for completion; which will delay receiving services. Due to the complexity of the TBRA process, TBRA applications cannot be accepted by fax or by mail without approval from a Community Advocate first.
We look forward to serving you!
Community Service Director – Sunny Erwin